Wednesday, January 28, 2009
OCD Coming Soon...
I have to write about something that happened about two weeks ago. I keep meaning to but I think now's finally the time!! I was waiting in the car for Maryn after school and she never came. Tyler was riding his skateboard home, so I had seen that he was already on his way. I started to worry because it had been a while after the time she normally gets to the car. It was cold and I had Peyton and Clara, with wet hair and no shoes on, in the backseat so I couldn't leave the car and go in to look around. I called the office and asked if she was there. She wasn't so I had them do a call on the intercom. Still nothing...I was starting to panic. I talked to teachers that were outside and they hadn't seen her. There was a police car parked across the street and I almost went up to him to just help me look. Instead I decided to run home and see if she had somehow passed me and just walked home, we only live around the block. She wasn't there so I quickly picked Tyler up and went back over to the school...tears were coming. I planned to have Tyler help me with the kids so we could get out and look around. I called the office again and told them to do another intercom call and call the classroom. She was in the classroom all along cleaning her desk! I have no idea why the teacher didn't insist that she come out or why she didn't hear the intercom call. I plan to ask her next time I see her. I was so happy to see Maryn that I didn't get mad or anything I just hugged her tight. Later we had a very stern talk about getting out to the car right away after school! She said she didn't know that I would be worried and her desk was just so messy...she's just like me so how could I really blame her? She will have to learn, just like me, that there are more important things than cleaning up messes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Like mother like daughter. But I can imagine how you felt. I bet you were so relieved to see her sweet little face.
That is so funny. I would have been going crazy too.
Post a Comment