Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St. Patrick's Day

Saint Patrick's Day is so fun. I love holidays and am trying to have some traditions for all the holidays that my kids can look forward to. On Facebook I updated my status on the morning of St. Patrick's Day asking for any ideas for dinner. No offense to those of you who do, but we just don't like corned beef and cabbage. I got so many responses. I was so happy; I love when I get a comment back. However, due to my lack of planning and the fact that I opted to cuddle with Peyton for a good part of the afternoon, we ended up having jello jigglers shaped like shamrocks, green beans and pasta that I turned green by adding food coloring to the water. Not what I originally had in mind but worth all that cuddling from my little leprechaun!





3 comments:

jennifer said...

your pasta idea was too easy, but so good! never even thought of that. i bet your kids loved every minute of st. patrick's day.

caligirl said...

Looks like so much fun! I am going to try the jello next year. My kids would love that. Thanks for the idea:-)

kahnfam said...

I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one who gets into the holidays. I like your pasta idea. I'll have to try that next year.