
Wasn't life great when you thought you'd just grow up and be a pop star or a motorcycle rider, etc? Well that's what Maryn and Tyler were at their school's career day last Friday. I tried to get them to be more realistic and think about dressing up as a teacher, doctor, police officer, writer, lawyer, business person, even an artist or author, I even pulled out all the stops and suggested a politician! One of my friend's daughters had dressed up as the president. I talked to Maryn about the joy of being a mother. She still says she's not getting married and she wants to stay with me and dad forever. (I guess she's not ready for all that yet.) They were not the least bit interested. I was a little worried about what this all means; I mean am I raising shallow kids who have no concept of reality? Well, I don't know. I hesitantly let them wear their outfits of choice but I am definitely going to be talking to them more about this!

3 comments:
Don't worry Haley, I'm sure they will grow out of it...at least I hope they do bc my kids say the same thing. I don't think I'll ever have grandkids and they'll never move out. In fact, my kids want to be Santa's helper's when they grow up...oh, and a vet. By the way, your kids will be super-cute at their jobs of being a rock-star and biker! :-)
Hale! You are so funny. Don't worry. It's just a kid thing. My Lucas told me he wants to be a superhero when he's older. Eleanor on the other hand has said she wants to be a "kid doctor" so there is hope for her! I can't believe how big your kids have grown since I saw you all last! Oh, by the way, has Lori had her baby girl yet??
Hey there, Haley. Hope you don't mind, I jumped on your blog from Cristy's. Your kids are so adorable, and how do you make time to do all those activities?? Disneyland (which, bytheway, we were there just that Tuesday), and skiing?! WOW! Love the "Love Jar". And career day, I'm sure they'll grow out of it. ;) But what do I know? My oldest is only 5. . . Anyhow, hope you don't mind my reading your blog. Can I add your link to my blog?
Post a Comment