Monday, November 28, 2011

Fall Activities

My beautiful soccer player

This fall has been a whirlwind of activities with my kids. I'll try to fill you in on some of the main things we've have been up to. (If it seems like I'm bragging a little in parts of this post, please forgive me, I'm a proud mom!). As you read about all that we've been doing you'll understand if I've seemed kind of distracted and just plain tired, with four kids in various things for the first time, I've wondered how to scale down. My afternoons have been viewed out the front windshield of my car and I've also spent way too much $ not only on activities but just on gas!

First of all, Maryn had her first year back after many years of not playing soccer. She begged and pleaded every year since we did it last time and I finally caved. It was a little painful as we sat on the sidelines and tried to find a good balance between praise and encouraging her to be more aggressive. She did make some progress and wants to play in the Spring so I'll keep you posted...

Maryn and one of her besties, Amber. She had a few of her best friends on the team and I think that was her favorite part about it, LOL.
It was exciting watching Tyler this year in football. He played defensive lineman and offensive tackle (I think that's right:)) and was a dependable player. His coach kept him in almost the whole time during the games and the team had a pretty good season.
Tyler and Maryn are still in piano and learning and progressing well. They had a performance night in September, which was fun for me I think more than them because I got to see their progress since last year. They are also in choir, which thank goodness is only during school hours. They got to be in a choral festival a couple of weeks ago and perform in front of other schools.

Peyton is doing an art class with Miss Ashley that she loves. You can't ask for a better preschool teacher than Ashley and the kids adore her. She has created some really beautiful things from still life paintings to foam bulletin boards. It is always a great time with fun and creativity.

Peyton is also a part of a co-op preschool. It is a fantastic group of kids and moms and she just loves every minute. (That is after a few initial tears at the door sometimes.)



Peyton, Emery, Rose, Cooper, Damian and James

Clara was bursting with excitement to be in cheer this year. She is a good little cheerleader and was fun to watch. I think she has found her passion. At Tyler's football games she watched the cheerleaders with eagerness and would always say with big eyes, "That's gonna be me when I get big." She and Maryn are in dance and she loves that also. Music class with Miss Tiffany has been very fast paced this year but she is doing pretty darn good and has been a little trooper. She has to practice every morning. She has learned a lot and is playing the piano in chords, both hands and singing at the same time. I have been really excited about all she is learning and the program she is learning, Let's Play Music, teaches them at a young age. She would normally just be starting at this age.


Clara was the first in her class to be picked for the True Blue Character award. She was so proud as she stood up on that stage and mom was pretty proud as well:). Her teacher said she is responsible and caring and always does her best. She is a good student and follows directions. She is always happy and is a good friend.

Aaron went to 6th grade camp with Tyler in September. It was three days and they had a blast with all of Tyler's friends. Aaron (not suprisingly if you know him and his stories about Shakalaka:)) earned quite a reputation as a storyteller and they learned some about nature too!

This is me and Tyler after the church musical that he was in. Each year our church puts on a great show and since he just turned 12, he got to be a part of it for the first time. The kids all worked so hard; he learned a lot of new songs and he had a really neat experience. I helped out with props and decor.

Tyler's 12th Birthday Party. Tyler likes to pick a theme and go with it for several years so this was our second Football party. (He has also been a football player for three years in a row for Halloween.) Friday night they went to Spirit Night which is where their school team gets to run out on the field during the Buchanan game half time. After the game we had cake and presents. They stayed up way too late and then went out to the lake for wakeboarding and surfing in the morning. This is my attempt at a football cake, (don't judge me), Haha!

Since he's twelve now, he became part of our church's youth group and received the Aaronic Priesthood, as a Deacon. This is a big milestone for him but I have to admit feeling a bit bittersweet about my little boy growing up. He also gave his first talk at church in front of our whole congregation, on Gratitude. He was nervous but prepared well and it went smoothly. He has finished his Tenderfoot, Second and First Class in Scouting and is working towards becoming a Life Scout.

Besides activities we have many teeth goings on:) Clara has lost six teeth pretty recently and is singing, "All I Want for Christmas" this year.

BEFORE

Tyler finally got braces, which is another huge milestone, for which he has been waiting very patiently. Dr. Kellogg and his staff were excellent and got him all decked out and Brace-Facey!


AFTER

He is way more excited than I would be to have a mouth full of metal!



Another milestone that can't be skipped over and passed by lightly is Peyton's hair! It has grown and can now be made into a ponytail! I even did some really slim french braids last night that made her squirm with nothing short of glee!! This little girl has waited long and hard for this big event!

Whew, I'm tired even recounting our busy fall! Wish me well as it is time to go pick up the kids from school and, you guessed it, get in the car to go to some activities!

No comments: