Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Stasher Strikes!

We breed stashers in our house; they are so good at it!! I have all kinds of evidence, and some pretty good suspicions but can't quite catch them redhanded. I haven't really questioned them to force it out because it's not really a big deal and I think it's funny. Let me know what you think... Once when we lived in our old house, I had bought a big block of cheddar cheese. When I went to use it, it was gone. Since this is an item not usually misplaced, I thought Aaron or a sitter must have used it or something. Then, several months later, when moving from this home I found this block of cheese in one of our basement cupboards whittled down with bite marks into a smaller ball and really moldy. In another cupboard I found a whole stack of candy and empty fruit snack wrappers and other treat remnants. Tyler was four and Maryn was two at the time. I didn't know who was doing it then, but when we moved to this house I noticed that whenever her friends would come over Maryn would produce snacks out of nowhere; things that I hadn't purchased for a while. I thought this was strange so I looked in her room, drawers, cupboards, everywhere and have never found anything. Clara has now picked up on this trick. I don't know if they are co-conspirators or what, but I've been finding new evidence with all the Halloween candy that has been around the house. This was in my bathroom cupboard this morning:
Which one looks guilty to you?

6 comments:

Lauren said...

That's funny...they are practicing their food storage skills!

Jill Macknicki said...

That's very funny...the candy I get, but a block of cheese?

Christensen Kids said...

What a funny thing for kids to do... LOL!

kevin and crystal said...

I remember the cheese incident. They are such funny kids!

Bob and Darlene said...

Hi Haley, I went back and looked, I did get your comment. You just signed it Haley, so I didn't know it was you.... Cause I couldn't imagine you wanting to be Grandparents yet. Thanks for letting me crash your party, it was fun!

Unknown said...

This is what made me love Marin so much, The stashing!!